Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Viet Nam.

Over the month of June, I visited Viet Nam with Anh and her bother and sister. This country was far more beautiful than I had ever imagined; a true testimony to the word "surreal."

Maybe it was the 14 hour plane ride, or the lack of sleep, or both, but when our plane landed in Sai Gon I suddenly became overwhelmed with emotions. I thought to myself, "Here I am, on the other side of the world, 14 hours ahead of where I once was." I never once thought that I would actually be in Viet Nam. Sure the idea would be tossed around about traveling around the world and seeing different places, but until it happens, they're just words to me. What really got me choked up was the idea that this is where my mother and father came from; this is their country.
It is where our heritage came from, our traditions and our family. Immediately, I fell in love the country.


Here’s a small example of what I got:



My equipment: Nikon D300 (no vert. batt. pack)

Nikkor 17-55 2.8
Nikkor 70-200 2.8
Nikkor 50 1.8


All that was carried in a plain messenger bag lined with a large plastic bag with a rechargeable dehumidifier.


Overall, I ended up snapping almost 3,000 photos during my 2 weeks stay.


Till then.




No comments:

Post a Comment