Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hello Furloughs!@

FULLERTON, CALIFORNIA-- Students protest budget cuts at California State University, Fullerton resulting in a 32% increase in tuition fees and a 10% pay cut for teachers and faculty on September 29, 2009.

The students marched around CSUF campus chanting "They say cut back; we say fight back" and "Hell no to Furloughs!" during a large scale protest about budget cuts.

The main concern was about high tuition cost and poor education, due to the Furlough policy. Milagro Medrano, president of California Faculty Association (CFA) is seen holding up signs in support. "These students are our future and it's unfair to constantly raise tuition. Some students can barley get by and that is not what education should be about."

Anyways, here is what I got:

Oh, I just love me a good protest. They're old, but I'll post up my May Day 2009 protest later. That was a fun day!

Till then!


No comments:

Post a Comment